Seniors - Visit the College Campus
No matter how many brochures you read or websites you visit, nothing tells you more about a college than visiting its campus in person. Plus, you can learn a lot more just by asking questions. Here’s a list to get you started:
Ask your college host:
- What activities and services are available to help students get settled (academically and socially) during their first year?
- How big are the classes?
- What is the total cost of attending the college?
- What types of financial aid does the college offer and how do I apply?
- Are all freshmen assigned to an academic advisor?
- Where do most freshmen live?
- Can I take a tour?
- What activities are available for students?
- Who teaches the courses for first-year students?
- How successful are the college's graduates in finding jobs?
- What services (such as transportation and shopping) are available locally?
Ask any students you meet:
- How easy is it to meet with faculty?
- Are you able to register for the classes you want?
- What is there to do on weekends? Do most students stay or leave campus on weekends?