Adults - Find an advisor


Involve a mentor or advisor as soon as possible to help you navigate the admissions and financial aid process. Make an appointment with the admission officers to review enrollment information.

School support designed for you

Many schools have special offices or advisors for adult or non-traditional students. These folks can tell you what programs and services are specifically available to you, such as day care, career counseling and financial aid.

Changing colleges

If you plan to return to college at a different school than where you started, you'll be considered a transfer student. Many colleges have transfer advisors to help you. Visit the College Transfer section for a step-by-step transfer guide.

Turning your Associate into a Bachelor's degree

If you have a two-year degree, or are close to earning one, and want to go for a bachelor's degree, many Kentucky colleges have special degree programs which will ensure that all or most of your credits will transfer to the new degree.