Transfer Step 1 - Explore Your Options
- Meet with an academic advisor or check with student services to learn about your campus
resources related to career counseling.
- If undecided about your major/program, use the MyMajors career assessment tool. You should also explore the internet and the library for career and major information.
- Take career assessment tests to determine your interests. Ask your advisor about these
- Identify if your current major or majors related to your field of interest are offered
at your transfer institution. You can search the Degree Plans tool for all majors/programs available at Kentucky’s public institutions. This tool will
allow you to compare programs and tuition costs.
- Meet with a transfer contact and/or an academic advisor in your major at your current
school to make sure you are taking appropriate courses to transfer and begin the planning