Kentucky High School Seniors - Talk to your school counselor about going to college in Kentucky
Take the first step and make an appointment with your guidance counselor to discuss a plan for college. She or he has information about admission tests, college preparation, and your education and career options. Here are some basic questions to get you started:
- Do you have any information to help me start exploring my interests and related careers?
- What are the required and recommended courses, for graduation and for college prep?
- How should I plan my schedule so I'll complete them?
- Do you have any after-school or evening sessions available for college planning?
- Do you have college handbooks or other guides that I can browse or borrow?
- What activities can I do at home and over the summer to get ready for college?
- What kinds of grades do different colleges require?
- Where do other kids from this school attend college?
- What are the requirements or standards for the honor society?
- How does our school compare to others, in terms of test scores and reputation?
- Which elecitve courses do you recommend?
- Which AP courses are available?
- When is the PSAT/NMSQT going to be given here?
- Is this school a testing center for standardized tests, or will I need to go somewhere nearby?
- Are there any college fairs at this school or nearby?
- Can you put me in touch with regent grads who are going to the colleges on my list?
- If my colleges need a recommendation from you how can I help you know me better, so it can be more personal?
- Are there any special scholarships or awards I should know about now so I can work toward them?
- Can I see my transcript as it stands now to see is everything is as I think it should be?
- Do you have any forms I need to apply for financial aid?