Kentucky Unbridled Spirit logo


Kentucky College Transfer Students - Make your move

Transfer: Step 3 - Make Your Move

Once you've picked your major, created a plan and met with your adviser, it's time to commit and begin the journey towards earning your bachelor's degree!

Complete the application process

Submit your admissions application and any separate department or major program applications as early as possible. You can submit your application by mail or online. Your transfer college may also have an online application process available on its website. If you plan to live on campus, be sure to submit any necessary housing applications and deposits.

Request your transcripts

If you haven't already had to do so for your advising session, you'll need to request your official college transcript from the school(s) you've attended. Only you can authorize the release of your transcript. Contact the registrar's office of the school you're currently attending (or have attended) and request that a copy of your official, final transcript be sent to your transfer school. If you're still working on completing your associate degree at KCTCS, you'll need to request an additional copy be sent once you've completed your coursework. Be sure to check with your transfer school to see if they also require a high school transcript.

Apply for Financial Aid

Financial aid applications can be complicated. Start now.

To qualify for most types of aid, you must complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. Aid is awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis, so apply early. Kentucky's FAFSA priority deadline is March 15.

If you have not yet submitted your FAFSA, be sure to include your transfer school on your form. If you've already submitted your FAFSA and did not list your transfer school, you may add your transfer school here or call 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243). Have a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and your Data Release Number (DRN) handy.

If you would like more in-depth information on financial aid, or have never applied for financial aid before, contact KHEAA at 1-800-928-8926.